Thursday, February 19, 2009

Week Nine Thing # 23

This has been an amazing learning journey. It took much time to explore and absorb the new ideas but it was totally worthwhile.

I’ve loved learning how to blog. I intend to explore Flickr more as I can see that I can view photos on one of our TV stations using our AT&T cable service. I also love using del.icio.us for bookmarking useful websites. The ability to be able to see these websites easily from any computer is very useful. I also liked learning about Google Docs as I can see applications for group work here – applicable for me and for students at school.

I am in the process of setting up a wiki for the APEL students at my school based on Joyce Valenza’s website. I can see teaching and learning applications linking the students and the teacher librarian to teacher blogs using iGoogle pages. Students could ask questions about the assignments which could be answered by either the teacher or the teacher librarian. As the blog is updated students would be automatically updated on their iGoogle page. I have developed a PowerPoint presentation which could be used at a professional growth day promoting this idea to teachers.

If another discovery program like this was offered in the future I would definitely avail myself of it. It was a very structured approach to some of the best features of web 2.0 tools. I liked being able to learn at my own pace. My life is frequently frenetic and so I have to use pockets of time as they arise.

And if I had to describe my learning experience in one word I could only choose ‘brilliant’. Thank you to the CSLA 2.0 team for this learning opportunity.

1 comment:

Jackie S, 2.0 project manager said...

Congratulations on successfully completing School Library Learning 2.0. Welcome to the CSLA 2.0 Team.

I'm playing a bit of "catch up" and have moved your blog over to the Congratulations-CSLA 2.0 Team list.

This summer would be a good time to take the second tutorial created especially for CSLA, "Discovering Assistive Technology." It is a bit shorter and less challenging in terms of problem solving, but we hope you will find it valuable.

Best wishes.