Saturday, January 10, 2009

Week Three - Thing #7

Hmmm, a technology related blog post... so many topics to choose from!

In December 2009, my husband gave me a lovely Panasonic digital camera for my twenty fourth wedding anniversary. It has a lot of bells and whistles with which I am gradually becoming familiar. I’ve been learning the art of transferring photos to various applications.
Not only have I learned how to use the camera, but I've learned how to download the images into a card reader on my computer, how to resize them for web purposes or email and then how to add them to my blog.

Something else I've noticed since we've recently changed from satellite to cable is that one of the channels is Flickr. Would I have noticed this had I not been taking the CSLA Web 2.0 course? I suspect not. I'm going to investigate further but I think I will be able to upload photos to Flickr and then view them on the television screen. I also like the idea of using Flickr so that my family in Australia can see what we're up to here in California.

The advancements in technology are simply amazing.
Here are a couple of photos of a camping trip to Agua Caliente in the Anza Borrego Desert. The first is a view of the mountains from our camp site. The second is a view of one of the pools filled with water from the hot springs at Agua Caliente.


No comments: